Monday, November 12, 2018

Easy Harry Potter inspired party treats from m&m minis - Weasley's Wizard Wheezes Magic and Mayhem bites

I am getting ready for my Christmas Harry Potter party.  As usual, I get my Christmas candy from the clearance Halloween candy.  In this year's lot of leftover Halloween candy I bought several boxes of the m&m minis.  I knew that I wanted to make something for our Harry Potter Christmas party.  Since the containers are orange, and Weasley's Wizard Wheezes are orange, I thought the two were perfect to use together!  I played on the m&m theme and labeled them magic & mayhem minis.

You can also check out my other project. Harry Potter homemade personalized Butterbeer mugs.





So here is what I came up with.  I made a printout that fits over the plastic m&m containers called magic & mayhem (m&m, get it?)


Here is the printout for this.  Just right click and save it into your pictures, or copy and paste it into your favorite printing program.  Size it to fit a full sheet of paper.




Here's a tip for gluing them on to the container.  I use one of those annoying catalogs that you get in the mail.  I turn the page after putting the glue on each label. That way I can get all the edges and the glue won't get stuck on the next label.   I used a regular glue stick and it worked just fine.


As I was gluing the thought came to me how easy it would be to make a cover for the box.  I would just have to make a full sheet print out and glue it on the box.  Soooooo...
Just for you!  Here it is:



When I glued to the box all I had to do is line up the top sheet with the bottom of the box.  Then it wraps all the way around the top.  Fold it over when it gets to the flap and glue it down.  

It might be just a hair too wide.  You can trim it if you like, or just leave it like I did.  It will get thrown away after the party, so who cares!

And for those of you (like me) who just can't stand to see that the sides don't match the top, here is a printout of just the stripes. 



Now trim the sides.  
Have an awesome party!

I have so many FREE and Fun 
Harry Potter ideas!
Just click on the photo to see the Link.

Thank  you for visiting Holly's Home!




English Party Crackers (Poppers) also make a great party favor.



















No comments:

Post a Comment