Thursday, December 8, 2016

Make Your Pumpkin into a Grinch Head Tutorial






I had a beautiful pumpkin left over from Thanksgiving and Halloween.  I really hated to throw it away.  I had seen a Grinch head made into a pumpkin at a friend's house and so I decided that would be a great way to save my pumpkin.





I bought some lime green paint and just drizzled it right onto the pumpkin.  I used a foam brush to spread all the paint over the pumpkin.



It took about 3 coats of paint to get it to the point that I felt was good enough coverage to start painting the face.  

 I printed out a couple of Grinch faces that I found on Google images.  I liked the mouth better on the green picture, but the bottom picture was better for the eyes and eyebrows.
I hand drew the face onto the pumpkin.  I found the best spot on the pumpkin for the nose, which was a bump that stuck out a little.  I also like the depression in the pumpkin on the left.  I thought it would look like a dimple.


I used a paint brush to paint it all on.  I started with the yellow of the eyes.  I painted a couple of coats of yellow.  Then I painted the red, and lastly I painted the black.


I added the Santa hat by pinning it onto the pumpkin so 
that I could use it again. I used my leftover green fur from the Grinch hand that I made to make a collar.  I just cut out a circle of fabric, being careful to only cut the backing material and not cut the fur as you can see below.

I loved how it turned out!  It also prolonged the life 
of my beautiful pumpkin :)


























To see all of my HollysHome Christmas ideas just click here.


2 comments: