Saturday, January 7, 2017

Puffcorn White Chocolate - a delicious treat for any holiday


Puffcorn Chocolate

A few years ago a friend brought me some Puffcorn chocolate for Christmas, and it was one of the best treats I have ever tasted!  Since then we have made it every Christmas, and it is always a favorite.  I thought that I would share the recipe with you on my blog.


Recipe:
It's one of the easiest treats that you will ever make.  There are only two ingredients:1 package of Puffcorn and one package of melting chocolate.
The Puffcorn is made by Cheetos and I buy it at Walmart, but it is never easy to find.  It is never next to the Cheetos.  It's always stuck in some other area several chips away from the Cheetos.  You just have to comb through the chips and look for blue bags until you find them.  I thought I couldn't find them this year, but after really searching I found them.  I usually buy extra because I'm always afraid that I won't find them again.

The type of chocolate you use depends on what you like.  The better the melting chocolate, the better they taste.  I have only used the white chocolate flavor, not real brown chocolate.  I often just use white chocolate chips for better flavor.  This year I wanted bright green so this is what I bought.  I think I sacrificed taste for color, but that is what holidays are all about.  Right?


Place your puffcorn in a large bowl.  Then place your melting chocolates into a microwave safe bowl.  I microwave on high for about 20 seconds at a time, and then stir in between cooking.    


When the chocolate is all melted, pour it over the Puffcorn, stirring while your pour.  It is nice to have help when you are doing this, but I have done it by myself on many occasions.


Spread the Puffcorn chocolate evenly on a sheet of parchment.  Try to spread apart as much as you can to prevent large clumps.


After the Puffcorn Chocolate cools, serve in a fun container.  Store in an airtight container to keep fresh.


You can also place it into cellophane bags to give to all of your friends.  They will love it!
This year we had a Grinch themed Christmas.  That is why I chose the bright green.  We called it Grinch Grub.  I added a little heart and a Grinch poem.  If you would like to print one out for your use just click here.









No comments:

Post a Comment