Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Harry Potter's Hogwarts Express Diorama

This year our family celebrated Christmas in Harry potter style. 
I had a train, and I had this big glass box so I put them both together and came up with this diorama.

Here's how I did it.

I had this cute train that the kid's great grandma gave us when the kids were little.  It's not exactly like the Hogwarts Express, but it's close enough.  It stopped working years ago so I only keep it for sentimental value.  I'm sure GG won't mind if I turn it into a Hogwarts Express, right?


The first thing that I did was peel off all the old stickers.  I looked up images of the Hogwarts Express on Google images.  Luckily I was able to find some Hogwarts Express signs off of it for my train.  I put a sign over the wheels,

a sign on the front,


and a sign on the back.

Here's a printout for the signs if you want to make one also.



I also added the number of the train on each side.


I didn't have a train track, so I printed one off the image below and  put it on the bottom.  I printed the image onto a brown cardstock.  I  covered the edges with dirt from my yard. I love how real it looks.







I printed off a picture of Hogwarts from Google images.    I just used a school glue stick to attach the Hogwarts picture and the Platform 9 3/4 sign.  School glue is washable.  I also put some little bottle brush Christmas trees alongside the train.


I printed off some trees to fill in the space between the train and Hogwarts.  The grandkids (and the kids) absolutely loved it.  

Here are some of my other Harry Potter Projects.  Just click on the picture to see what I have done.










2 comments:


  1. Nice post i love to read it you work well and also your writing style super good.Awesome post keep it up. I like your post you work well. Entire post really Awesome! Thank you for all the hard work you put into it. It's really shows. i read you all post i love to read your post and you work well. harry potter pick up lines

    ReplyDelete