Friday, May 25, 2018

How to print clear labels from your printer.


I saw on Pinterest that you could print clear labels from your printer.  I went to the blog and tried it.  The method they used was a soak overnight method, which was a DISASTER.  Well I came up with this idea ALL BY MYSELF.

With my idea you will need your printer and packaging tape.  That's it.  Here's how easy it is.


The first thing that I did was design a bunch of labels in different fonts on my computer.  Then I printed out the paper.

After I printed out the paper I used packaging tape to cover all of the words.  Then I reprinted the paper with the packaging tape on it.  This way I knew exactly where the packaging tape needed to go.


Then I place another piece of packaging tape on top of the packaging tape with the print on it

Then I rubbed the packaging tape with the back of a pen so all of the ink would stick to the packaging tape.



When I pulled up the packaging tape the ink came with it.




Then I placed the labels on the canister and the trash.






Here's a few more that I did:






Here's a copy of my printout if you would like to use it.  Just right click on your computer.  Then save it into you pictures or copy and paste it in your printing program.


As you can see, how well the label turns out depends on how well you rub over the ink.  This was so much fun, and a bit addicting.  I wanted to label everything.  Let me know how yours turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment