Wednesday, October 19, 2016

How to Paint a Weathered Wood Sign

Next month I am hosting a wedding in my backyard and I needed some help making a sign.  
A good friend of mine came by to show me how to do it.  

Here's how we did it.

First we found an old board.  
I just happened to have one laying around.  

We decided to make it a little bit darker.  We painted a light coat of watered down burnt umber craft paint, then let it dry.



Next we drew guide lines with chalk and wrote out our letters with chalk. 



 Then we painted the letters on.  The cracks in the wood made it a little hard, but we got it done.


After we were done painting we wiped off the chalk with a damp cloth.



Here's the finished product.  Didn't it turn out great?



We had so much fun making that one so we made a couple more. 

Here is one of the signs at the wedding.



And here is another sign at the wedding.

We made this from a old cabinet door:

No comments:

Post a Comment