Thursday, September 22, 2016

How to Make an Alice in Wonderland Door Wreath



I was giving a Mad Hatter Bridal Shower and 
wanted a pretty wreath for the door.  

Here is what I came up with.

I started with an old wreath that I did not use any more.

Then I went to the dollar store, and to Goodwill.

Here is what I found:


I found this Halloween top hat.  I took off the spider and the netting.  Then I cut it in half.


I added some material around the brim of the hat.


I happened to have these bunny ears leftover from Easter.  
(Lucky me)


I added the bunny ears and the playing cards to the 
hat with hot glue.

I used the rabbit tails for rabbit feet.  I just sewed some string on and pulled it tight to make rabbit toes.

Then I added it all to the wreath with hot glue.   I filled it in with additional flowers from the dollar store.  The bird and the butterfly were from the dollar store.  The pocket watch I bought on Amazon.  (It was a little smaller than I expected.)  The tea pot I found at Goodwill for $2.  I used wire to secure the teapot on tighter.  
The ribbon I already had.

I am very pleased with how it turned out!

The party was a success!  Everyone loved the wreath and the decorations.





No comments:

Post a Comment