Thursday, August 13, 2015

Pink Lemonade Sugar Scrub Recipe with free printout tags

I got a jar of Raspberry Lemonade Sugar Scrub at a bridal shower and just loved it.  It left my skin so soft and smooth.  I loved the way the coconut oil felt on my skin.  When I ran out of the sugar scrub I went online to  see if I could find the recipe.  

While shopping for the ingredients I decided that I could make mine a little bit cheaper and easier. After-all I don't really think that a $13 bottle of organic coconut oil is that important for scrubbing the dirt off of my skin.  I found a $4 bottle of LouAna Coconut Oil in the baking isle.  It was perfect for this project.



I emptied the Coconut Oil into a medium mixing bowl and melted it in the microwave for about 35 seconds.  When it was done I added the three Pink Lemonade unsweetened Kool-aid packets and a few drops of red food coloring.  Then I mixed in the sugar a half a cup at a time until it was very thick.  It took about 4 cups of sugar.


When I was done I put it into small jelly jars to give to my friends.
It fills about 10 jelly jars.




I tried it in the bath and love it!  It actually smells better than the organic fancy one that I used before!


Here are the printout tags that go with it.  To use them click on the picture to make it larger.  Right click on your mouse and save it into your pictures or copy and paste it into your printing program.


Enjoy!

I also have a version with fresh lemons if you don't mind the extra work.  It also comes with a free printable gift tag.
Check it out!



Or you can make a Cheshire Cat Alice in Wonderland themed body scrub.






No comments:

Post a Comment