Sunday, August 30, 2015

LDS Gifts from the Doctrine and Covenants - Picture and Quote by Joseph Smith, Holy Ghost Comforter

Here are a couple of ideas for gifts for any Church of Jesus Christ occasion.  One is a Joseph Smith quote, the other is the gift of a blanket with a quote of the Holy Ghost.


A few years ago I gave the students a gift for coming to Seminary and being a part of my class.  That year my husband and I were leaving for Guatemala at the end of Seminary, so I had to come up with a quick and cheap gift to give to my class.  On pinterest I found this great printout from the Idea Door.  I really appreciate that they took the time to post this so that I could use it for my class.  Just click on the picture below to take you to the web page for this printout.

I found some cheap (but cute) frames from the Dollar Tree store.  I printed out the above quote in 4x6 size and put them in the picture frame.  There you have it! A cheap and easy gift that they students will have to remember their year of seminary.  



I also found this candy on clearance after Easter.  I think that I only paid 20 cents for it.  I thought it was a fun and cheap addition to my picture frame.  I always look through the holiday clearance and try to adapt whatever I find.  



I tied the two gifts together and added a personal note to each gifts. The students loved them!  



Holy Ghost Comforter

After Christmas you can find the soft fleece blankets for really cheap.  This is a great opportunity for a gift for students, or for someone who is recently baptized.  Here's how I put mine together.



I printed out the above scripture onto blue cardstock.  Then I cut them out.



I found these awesome Cuddleduds blanket on clearance at Sam's Club.  You could just tie it to that with a cute bow, or...



You could wrap it up in some celophane, add a bow and use it as a gift tag.  That is what I did, and the kids LOVED it!  Who doesn't love a nice soft blanket, or the gift of the Holy Ghost?



I hope that you can use some of these ideas for your students.




No comments:

Post a Comment